Friday, February 3, 2012

videography at a whole new level.

Okay, okay, I admit it. If I got married all over again today, I don't know what path of inspiration I would choose. There is just so much beauty out there right now...its hard to narrow down for a girl!
I do know a few things that I would most definitely do. One would be this:
I would totally hire a professional videographer. a good one.
Granted, some videos are cheesy. But the good ones... well, they are worth the investment.
I have a lot of clients ask me if they should hire a videographer, and I say the same thing: If the film  captures the essence of your wedding day the way you remember it - and more- it is worth the investment. Wedding film is supposed to bring tears to your eyes, and goose-bumps. If its cheesy, you won't watch it, or be proud of it to showcase to your friends and family.
So, if you have that extra in your budget, hire the right videographer. It's not something you'll regret.

I met with Beau and Karen of emotion cinematography last month, and was immensely grateful for this connection. They are fun, and they love what they do! Plus, their work is amazing, and completely affordable! It's a complete win-win!

So, this month I am featuring this dynamic duo in my vendor highlight! Enjoy the little blog interview I had with this sweet couple:

                                                        eMotion cinematography 


Give a brief description on your services.  
We love to step away from the typical wedding video and create a unique, fresh, and entertaining recount of each couples wedding.

Give your vision for this business.  
It’s our endeavor to give a fresh perspective of a wedding film and to create a living memory that you look forward to watching for years to come.  

How long have you been doing this?  
We’ve been doing wedding films for 2 years now.

How are you different from other videographers? What makes you stand apart?  
For one thing we are a husband and wife team, which I think makes the bride and groom much more comfortable on their wedding day.  I know I’ve shot weddings before with another guy as a 2nd shooter and I can tell the difference of how the bridal party is more relaxed with a woman there.  We also are very low key and unobtrusive as we take in every detail of the day.  We’ve had many couples comment that they don’t even remember us being there but how amazed they were at their film and how we captured every special moment and detail throughout their day.  Growing up in a family business taught me that each customer is special and deserves to be treated that way.  So for every couple that we meet we make sure that they feel comfortable and well taken care of on their wedding day and the days leading up to it.

Talk to me about prices. 
Our packages start at $2000 and all of our packages include the 2 of us for the whole day, so we don’t look at our clocks and after 6 or 8 hours we’re gone, we want to make sure all of the special moments of your day are captured.  In the past we have even run a couple of special promotions that have made our prices even sweeter!  I know that most other videographers in our area that offer similar products start at $2500-3500, but at eMotion we’re really trying hard to make a wedding film something that is a reality for most brides.  It’s awesome to hear from a couple that they almost didn’t hire a videographer and then after receiving their film, it’s their favorite part of their entire wedding!

What is the average length of time it takes to complete a wedding video?  
This has always been important to us, I hear about couples having to wait 6-12 months to receive their video.  I never want that to be the case for one of our couples.  To make sure that our couple has to wait in as little time as possible, we have our editor, Mike.  He just does editing so we get your film back to you as soon as possible.  Most weddings films take about a month to complete.

eMotion Cinematography                                                                                                                        
Beau & Karen Leslie    
phone: 651-276-5741
lets be friends: eMotion Cinematography


Below is a sample of their work!


Cory + Bre @ The Enchanted Barn from eMotion Cinematography on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. had never heard of eMotion before, but beau & karen seem SO great! thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete

Twitter